This is the best trek route to reveal the secrets of Parvati Valley. The Parvati Valley is the most beautiful valley in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh. The range of Parvati Valley goes up-to 5000 m above from the seal Level in Himalayan Range. The whole valley is enriched naturally by flora and fauna. There you can find various species of Himalayan Plants, Trees, and wildflowers. The valley is the most picturesque and scenic from start to end. Buntar is the gateway to this valley.
In the Parvati Valley, there are many tourist attractions where Kheerganga is one of them. The trek route starts from the Barshaini that is a small Himalayan town settled in the Parvati Valley. There are some restaurants, guest houses and also there you can find medical shops in Barshaini. The total distance from Barshaini to Kheerganga is 13 km. It will take 4-5 hrs moderately to reach at the Kheerganga from Barshaini. Another tourist destination that lies in Parvati valley is Kasol. It is called Mini Israel In Himalayas. For decades it has been the most favorable tourist destination for them. In Kasol there are several Israeli restaurants where you can enjoy the delicious Israeli cuisine.
The main attraction of Kheerganga is a natural hot spring pool. When you dip in the pool the world will be different. You forget all the stress of muscles that you will get from trekking. The difficulty of the trek is easy to moderate. As the whole route is easy but at some time it will be a little bit tricky. This requires little effort but the result is worthy and you will feel this when there will be the view of alpine meadow, lush green forest, and snow-capped peaks.
How to Reach?
For kheerganga trekking with Banbanjara, you have to reach first at the Kasol.
Kasol is connected by roads to all major cities via Delhi and Chandigarh. So there are two ways to reach Kasol, one in Delhi to Kasol and another is Chandigarh to kasol.
Delhi to Kasol
- The distance between Delhi and Kasol is 517 km and it will take 12 hrs to reach.
Chandigarh to kasol
- The distance between Chandigarh to Kasol is 285.5 km and it will take 8-9 hrs to reach.
It is the best way to reach kasol. From both the cities there are various options for road transportations are available i.e government bus, private bus, private tourist taxi services. You can opt for one of them which suits your budget.
The most nearby major railway station is Chandigarh. The Chandigarh railway station is well connected with all over India through the train route. As you reach there you can board on the bus or hire a private taxi.
The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport. It is the major airport in the Kullu Manali region. It is well connected by all major airports of India via Delhi. There are flights from Delhi that also lands on a regular basis. The distance between Bhuntar and Kasol is 30 km so it will take 1hr to reach Kasol from Bhuntar Airport.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Kheerganga trekking is from the month of April to June and then September to early December. During the winter you can also experience this trek but if there will be heavy snowfall then it will be closed. In the monsoon, this area receives heavy rain and the route will be slippery so it is not recommended for trekking on this route during the monsoon.
- Do not litter here and there. It is our responsibility to keep surroundings clean.
- Dispose of the trash at the proper disposal facility, Do not leave behind it.
- Try to avoid the activities which harm plants and animals on the entire journey.
- Do not make fun of the culture and local traditions. It is just like an exchange of respect
- The person suffering from chronic disease or other diseases like Asthma, Bronchitis are not recommended on this trip.
- Consult your doctor before you undertake this adventure.
- Avoid the use of plastic.
- Do not carry expensive gadgets and expensive jewelry.
- Consumption of Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and other toxic substances is not advisable. If you are found guilty, you will be fined.
- Carry all necessary identity proofs like voter id, license, tickets, adhaar card, tickets, passport size photo, etc.
This is all about Kheerganga Trek. Kheerganga is the most beautiful place in the Parvati Valley where the main attraction is a natural hot spring pool and the lush green forest trail will spellbind you. All these natural places just want one thing from you that is responsibility and sensibility towards nature. So whatever you do just keep in mind that nature is the most valuable gift by god which we cant replace with other things. So -” Stay blessed, Keep Trekking”