If you’re new to Blogging and are looking for ways to start a blog, then this is exactly the place you need to be. I’ll guide you through the procedure and help you acquire some knowledge about the same. Before getting started with the steps to start blogging, let us first acknowledge what exactly blogging means.
What is Blogging?
A blog is a kind of website that primarily focuses on the content that is written. It is also known as Blog Post.
The blog is considered to be a platform where people can put their thoughts into words. I mean any ideas or their reviews towards their outlook on things. And to make money through your blogs is known as Blogging.
Bloggers often write from a personal point of view and, thus, easily connects with the readers. Readers usually like to read the content better if it is relatable to them.
“Learning is not done to you. Learning is something you choose to do.”
― Seth Godin, Stop Stealing Dreams
The above quote stated by Seth Godin gives us clarity to the fact that you must have the heart to learn and to understand, only then will you be able to be perfect at what you do. Blogging is one such example. It would be best if you learned first and then be perfect at it.
Why are you starting Blogging?
Your reason to start blogging may vary from one person to the other. A few common reasons are-
- You are interested in writing blogs: One of the most common reasons that people start blogging is because they enjoy it. They enjoy writing and, thus, want to make a living out of it, through their passion. And such blogs are believed to be the best kind of blogs, and this is because such people don’t work to earn money, they work because they love working.
- You want to make money out of it: Blogging is a lucrative way to earn money if done correctly. You can earn from your blogs even if they are written long back. That is the best part of Blogging. You can write a blog and keep earning from that blog even if you’ve long forgotten it.
- Want to build up writing and thinking skills: Another common reason people start blogging is that they want to improve their writing and thinking skills. The best part to improve your skills is by expanding your sources.
- You want to connect with other people that share the same interest as you: Interacting with people that share the same likes and dislikes as you can help you boost your energy and will encourage you to make better blogs. People often write blogs similar to their interests, hoping that someone with the same interest may pop up.
How to start a Blog?
There are a few steps that you need to follow if you wish to start a blog, mentioned below are those steps:
- Recognize your area of expertise: The first thing you need to do before starting a blog is to decide what you are going to write about. For such situations, you must know what you can write best. For example, some people write blogs about health as they might be an expert in that field. Similarly, you must find one for yourself.
- Pick a domain name: After you’ve chosen your area of expertise, the next step is to choose a domain name for your blog. A domain name is a name that people will know your blog by. Name your blog according to your blogs, i.e., the domain name should give a hint to the readers what the blog could be about.
- Hosting your blog: Once you’ve chosen a domain name for your blog, the next thing to do is get your blog online. To get your blog online, you must purchase a hosting to host your blog. You can use WordPress, BlueHost, etc.
- Customize your blog: The next thing to do is customize your blog according to your likes and according to your blog. Design it in such a way that it appeals to the readers and do not bore them while going through your blog. You can also put a theme according to your blog.
- Write a blog: When you’re done doing all of the above-mentioned ways to start the blog, the next and the most important thing is to jot down a blog on your website. Be precise, and write whatever it is that you wish to write about and be very brief about it. Once you’re done writing your blog, you must publish your blog.
- Promote your blog: The last step is promotion. Once you’ve completed writing a blog, you must promote it. You can share the links of your website in your social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook and have your friends and followers read your blogs. It is the most common way to promote your blog, amongst others.
- Make money by Blogging: There are quite a few ways to make money from Blogging. But the easiest way to make money with your blogs is through selling advertising space. If your blog is famous, advertising will be asking you for an opportunity to advertise. Advertisement is one way to make money through your blogs as advertisers are frequently looking for exposure.
I guess that with the provided information, you can now start a blog of your own. If you wish to take a course regarding the same, there are a few renowned institutes like Digital Edge Institute where you can learn about Blogging and many more. I hope I was helpful. Enjoy Blogging!